- JPMorgan and Jamie Dimon’s reputations continue to falter as prosecutors examine whether the bank failed to alert authorities with suspicions about Bernie Madoff. Jessica Silver-Greenberg and Ben Protess at The New York Times March 26, 2013.
- The Federal Reserve brings anti-money laundering charges against Citigroup and its subsidiary Banamex USA. Jessica SIlver-Greenberg at The New York Times March 28, 2013.
- Lanny Breuer takes another trip through the revolving door. At least he’s on the other side….for now. Ben Protess at The New York Times March 28, 2013
- 15 banks file a motion to reverse Judge Dennis Cote’s ruling to limit the amount of discovery they can collect in an important mortgage securities case. Jessica Silver-Greenberg at The New York Times March 27, 2013
- Through Elizabeth Warren and Elijah Cummings’ investigation into the Independent Foreclosure Review and the FED/OCC stonewalling we find out that the money made by “independent” foreclosure reviewers (i.e. Premontory) is at least 5 to 1 what the average homeowner will receive. But David Dayen counts it as more like 20 to 1. Ugly. David Dayen at Naked Capitalism March 26, 2013